Become a member
Welcome to BMLA membership registration
The British Medical Laser Association is the UK’s leading advocate for the safe operation of lasers and light-based technology in the treatment and diagnosis of human disease. This is achieved through:
- The promotion of research and development in laser and light-based technology in medicine
- Establishing standards in the medical application of lasers and light-based technology
- Promoting collaboration and understanding between clinical and scientific disciplines in the field of laser and light-based technology application
However, this could not be achieved without significant input from a multidisciplinary body of knowledge. The British Medical Laser Association membership includes clinicians and surgeons from a broad range of specialities, nurses and allied health professional, scientists, laser protection advisors and equipment manufacturers.
By joining the BMLA, you will have the opportunity to help continue the development of safer and better ways of applying lasers and light-based technologies in medicine.
Basic membership costs £45 and includes:
- Discounted fees for the BMLA Annual Conference
- A PDF certificate
- Access to Closed Facebook Group (Members are welcome to post anonymised details of difficult to manage cases for opinions/ recommendations from fellow members but please bear in mind that patient details should never be posted.)
Full membership costs £95 and includes all of the above plus:
- ELA membership*
- On-line access to the Lasers in Medical Science journal (LIMS)
- A paper version of the journal for an additional payment of £65.25 p.a.
BMLA annual membership runs for twelve months from January to December (half-year pro rata membership available where necessary). Applications received later in the calendar year may be deferred to the beginning of the next membership year.
A Certificate of Membership will be emailed to you once your membership and payment is complete and will be dated from the commencement of the membership. Please ensure that a valid email address is provided on the application form for this purpose.