Conferences and Events
Conferences & Events
BMLA Conference 2018The next meeting of the BMLA will be organised in conjunction with our colleagues from the Dutch Aesthetic Laser Association and will be convened by the European Laser Association (ELA). Save the date and join us in the World Trade Centre, Rotterdam (only 34 mins from Schipol airport) from 14th-16th June 2018. lasereurope2018.com
The BMLA Conference 2017The BMLA’s 2017 Annual Conference was held at the Lowry Theatre in Salford Quays, Manchester from Wednesday 17th to Friday 19th May 2017. The conference was a success with high delegate attendance and a fantastic scientific programme delivered by leading experts in Lasers, Aesthetics, PDT and Biophotonics. In particular, we congratulate the following speakers who were awarded prizes for their high quality presentations:
- Jamal Noori Ahmed for his impressive talk on Low-Level Laser Therapy for the management of oral mucositis [£100 BMLA award]
- Ben Evans for his stimulating talk on combined Nd:YAG and PDL treatments for residual infantile haemangiomas [£100 BMLA award]
- Matthew Marzetti for his groundbreaking work into the use of MRI to image fractional ablative treatments [£100 Springer Book token]
- Isla Barnard for her in depth investigation into quantifying DNA damage form UV exposure use a Monte Carlo radiative transfer model [£100 Elsevier Book token]
The conference hosted sessions on a wide range of medical laser and light applications including high quality sessions on skin laser treatments, photodiagnotics, laser science and safety, and laser surgery. The nursing and therapist session provided an excellent combination of talks and teaching. This year, for the first time, the conference ran a separate stream for cosmetic laser treatments which received very positive feedback. The courses were once again a key feature of the conference, including the highly acclaimed Core of Knowledge laser safety course on Wednesday 17th and courses on hair removal and vascular lesions, tattoo removal and pigmentation, ablative laser treatments and the second year of energy based treatments. The courses were all rated very highly by attendees.
This year’s Great Debate was intense and lived up to its reputation with topics such as genital rejuvenation being discussed albeit first thing in the morning! The BMLA was delighted to welcome Mario Trelles, who delivered the Vasant Oswal Oration titled ‘Advances in Cutaneous Rejuvenation, Efficacy and Validation: Personal Experience’. The Problem Page session, where colleagues discuss their clinical problems and challenging cases in an open forum, provided an excellent learning opportunity for all who attended. The conference dinner was held at The Imperial War Museum North, very close to the conference venue. The drinks reception was in one area of the museum beneath a Harrier Jet displayed from the ceiling (with the BMLA logo projected onto it) and then the 80 attendees made their way through the dinner area which was surrounded by light projections of the Manchester skyline. There was a DJ after the dinner which was enjoyed by all. The conference was organised by Clare Beach and Donna Martin from Azura Events Ltd. The local organising committee was Harry Moseley, Chris Dunsby, Maninder Kalkat, Jon Exley, Madan Vishal, Sanjay Rajpara, Tom Lister, Vasant Oswal and Firas Al-Niaimi.
Keep an eye on this page and remember to bookmark our CONFERENCE WEBSITE for announcements of programmes, training courses and registration for future BMLA conferences.
Non-BMLA Events and ConferencesFor BMLA approved training, please visit this page. The events and conferences below are organised by independent organisations or individuals and may be of interest to BMLA members.
Photodynamic Therapy and Photodiagnosis updatehttp://www.pdt2018.com/
Photodynamic therapy symposium 2017Date: Monday 27 November 2017 Venue: Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0AE
This meeting is organised by UK PDT charitable trust and RSM professionals in association with the Oncology Section, RSM. This one day event with top consultants in photodynamic therapy (PDT) will provide you an insight into future treatments, and discuss how the future outcome for patients can be improved. Speakers include:
- Dr Ernest Allan, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Alison Curnow, University of Exeter
- Dr Ewan Eadie, The Scottish Photodynamic Therapy Centre
- Professor Sally Ibbotson, The Scottish Photodynamic Therapy Centre
- Mr Colin Hopper, University College London
- Professor Keyvan Moghissi, The Yorkshire Laser Centre
- Professor Heinrich Walt, University Hospital Zurich
- Professor Mark Wainwright, Liverpool John Moores University
- Dr Nicolas Loebel, Ondine Biomedical Inc, Canada
Medical Convention 2017BMLA members book your discounted ticket (40%) for the Medical Convention 2017 event please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the event page: www.2017medicalconvention.eventbrite.co.uk
- Select TICKETS
- Click on Enter promotional code and add your promotional discount code MC2017. This will discount the ticket price by 40%.
- Select your discounted delegate ticket and CHECKOUT