The British Medical Laser Association is a scientific society established to promote, for the benefit of the public, the application of laser and light based technology in medicine by:
- Promoting the safe operation of lasers and light based technology in the treatment of human disease;
- Promoting research and development in laser and light based technologies in medicine and by the publication of the useful results of such research;
- Establishing standards in the medical application of lasers and light based technology;
- Promoting collaboration and understanding between clinical and scientific disciplines in the field of laser and light based applications.
Membership breakdown is approximately 70% clinical, 20% scientific, 10% commercial. As a member, you will:
- Receive the journal Lasers in Medical Science at a vastly reduced rate. Full membership of the BMLA includes the journal and subscription to BMLA at less than subscription to the journal alone. This is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes high quality papers on experimental, clinical and technical aspects of medical lasers.
- Attend scientific meetings organised by BMLA at a reduced rate.
- Receive Newsletter with latest information completely free.
- Full membership includes affiliation to the European Laser Association which is a Europe-wide forum for discussion on medical lasers.
- Network with friends and colleagues in different disciplines with opportunities for knowledge transfer.
- Join specialised focus groups.
- Provide input to national and international committees.
- Benefit from continuing education.
- Membership certificate suitable for framing.
- Obtain Core of Knowledge video and DVD at a reduced cost.
- Receive multiple choice training questions and answers free (cost to non-members £50).
- Keep up-to-date via the website www.bmla.co.uk
- Enhanced professional growth.